Earth Model Award
The Earth Model Award is an international geoscience competition rewarding excellence in Master’s level research.
The Earth Model Award (EMA) was established as the Neftex Earth Model Award in 2012, in affiliation with the Geological Society of London, to foster the link between industry and academia by rewarding excellence in Master’s level research.
- Up to 5 applications accepted per university department
- An industry-recognized award for Master's geoscience research projects
- Global recognition for both student and university
- Prizes of $2500 USD (1st place), $1500 USD (2nd place) and $1000 USD (3rd place) for both student and university department
- An opportunity to present to an international audience of Exploration and Production companies
To be informed of key EMA deadlines, join our mailing list.
The application window for the 2018 Earth Model Award is now open and will close on October 31st 2018. We accept applications from any eligible student who completes their Master's degree in 2018. The research should have a strong focus on global geoscience, with implications for natural resource exploration.
Please read the TERMS & CONDITIONS and FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS before submitting your entry.